Tuesday 18 December 2007

And finally, She's gone

Heaven was let loose. it's been long I cried. I could not help this stream down my face. I tried not to cry but my emotions betrayed me. I tried not to be shattered, but I wasn't strong enough. My promise to the blogville was to return after the first episode, I am sorry i took this long. This needed to wait. I was clumsy.

Uhm...
You know this is really hard for me to narrate but i'll give you the patches of the gist. Whole gist!!!

I have never really loved anyone until this one that crumbled. I know love is real. Love lives. The death of it I am not sure. Love is sweet. Love is bitter. Both are good but one is better. Guess which? The bitter love. (You need to figure that out.)

I called up my sweetest as promised and she turned down ALL suggestions to put up a meeting. She did not want to see me. Well, good enough for me, her precious cousin just out to bed and the christening ceremony was next sunday. Patiently I waited for the day to come. Although, it was the longest day ever to come in my life, It came and heavens fell.

The previous night, I was so heated up i couldn't sleep at home. I joined my "supposed" best friend in his crib. He is married. You can guess the feeling I got that one night. I couldn't sleep all night. Below are the conversation that took away my sleep.

@ about 6:30pm I called

Me: Hello babe. Wassup?
Her: I am cool. I am just returning from work. I'll be going to Ikorodu tonight.
Me: Ok. Where are you at now?
Her: At Ketu in a cab.
Me: Beep me when you get home. I'll call you back. ok?
Her: Ok

@9:00 her call had not come, so I called but she never picked up
@10:15pm I called again and her fones were switched off.

I tried till 2:00am and they were all still switched off. I wasn't boiling. I was done cooking. I was getting burnt. who would not?

@6:00am I called. the fone rang but she wouldn't pick it
@6:o1am called back and the fone was off. just a minute difference

Sent a text message just to track when she would switch on her fone.

It was a sunday. My friend was going to church too early an i had to return home. From Ikeja, i had to return Gbagada. Just along this journey, i got a delivery report on my fone signifying that she had switched on her fone.

I placed a call. She picked. Conversation below:

Before i could say a word:
Her: Hey! what is your problem? Why were you calling me so early?

Me: Why didn't you call to tell me you were home last night?

Her: Service was bad so i switched off my fone and moreover, you know i like to sleep well, why would you call me as early as 6am?

Me: If you switched off your fone last night, and you weren't awake this morning, who switched on your fone?

Her: Answer my question first?

I knew something was wrong. I just played fool in my response. Said sorry even when i have done nothing wrong. I just wanted to see her. I know that will solve alot.
.
.
.

I just thought I should go meet her straight in a house at ikorodu. Uhm.... GIRLS!!!

Blogville, i got to her gate, placed a call to ask her whereabout and she told me she was at home but will be out in 15minutes. The announcement that I was at her gate immediately took her to somewhere in Ketu. I was immediately ruinned.

To cut this story short, We met that same day later at her cousin's place. But just before then, I had overheard over the phone one of her family members telling her to ignore me once i get to the party. I only wanted to confirm what i heard so i went.

They were cold to me. She came over to me and let the cat out. "it is over" she said. I knew it was coming. I had prepared for it. I just wanted her to say it.

My day was ruined. Now she is gone. I am recovering so fast. Thanks to my friends and the love for my job. I could have just dropped dead walking. Thanks to blogville. You have allowed me share my experience.

I am coming out soon with things suspectible for our fallout. I'll be back!!! But before then, if your girl tells you that "sometimes love is not enough" please let her go before her love vanishes and you'd be left dead-alive

Anyway, It is exactly one month today we broke up and I am this strong.

2 comments:

Che-e-ly said...

My brother, I know how this can feel 'cos i've been thru it a few times before.

One truth, if you know you still want her, make her understand there's still room for her. If you don't, move on!

At any rate, NEVER regret the experience. It's always for the better!

aareago said...

@Chijioke e Ezeh
Dear friend, uhm... I am just lost in my thoughts. I'll just say THANKS. I have my picks from your comments.

Thanks for your time